Stirling Theological College Library – Response to COVID-19 and the closure of the Library
Stirling Theological College Library
Response to COVID-19 and the closure of the Library
Due to the worsening coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, the Campbell Edwards Library at Stirling Theological College will close from 5pm on Friday 20th March.
However, even though the physical library is closed, your access to a huge number of online library resources continues.
Tips for Accessing Library Resources Remotely
1. Use the Library Hub – http://library.divinity.edu.au/
The Library Hub provides access to thousands of online resources, ebooks, journal indexes and other databases. Use your University of Divinity ARK login email and password for remote access. Click here if you have forgotten your password https://uod.edu.net.au/php/reset_user_login_password.php
2. Library Hub Guide – https://divinity.libguides.com/guide
Includes links to two great YouTube videos about using the Library Hub.
3. A–Z list of available databases – https://divinity.libguides.com/az.php
4. Download the Lean Library browser extension – https://library.divinity.edu.au/lean-library.html
5. Use the University’s Alumni Services LibGuide – https://divinity.libguides.com/alumni
This includes information about freely available resources. It also includes information about registering with the State Library of Victoria and the National Library of Australia so that you can gain access to their eResources.
6. Use the Stirling Library’s Destiny catalogue – https://stirling.edu.au/library/links-and-contact/
Follow this link to the Library Online Catalogue. There are a scattering of ebooks catalogued directly onto Destiny. These books are primarily books on course reserve lists. Over the next few weeks, this number will increase.
7. Academic staff will also be providing additional online resources via ARK.
8. Other Useful links in and outside the University of Divinity
- EndNote – https://divinity.libguides.com/endnote
- University Style Guide – https://divinity.libguides.com/styleguide
- Google Books – https://books.google.com.au
- Google Scholar – https://scholar.google.com
- Sign up to Academia – Academia.edu – Many scholars have profiles and add their journal articles directly.
Whilst the Library is closed, I will still be working from home. Please contact me if you need any assistance navigating around these online resources. Please email in the first instance firstname.lastname@example.org. I will attend to your queries as promptly as I’m able.
If the need warrants, there may be updates via email regarding how to use some of our online resources as well as alerting you to new ebooks that may become available.
Please retain the books that you already have on loan. There is no need to renew them as we do not fine you for late returns anyway. Just hang onto them and bring them back when we resume operations.
If you would like to borrow any books before we close, you are most welcome to come between now and 5pm on Friday (20/3). Normal borrowing procedures still apply. I will be in attendance here for the next two days.
We appreciate your understanding during this challenging time and hope to welcome you back to the library again soon.
Stirling Theological College