Graduate Certificate in Theology
1 semester full-time or
Develop and deepen your knowledge in theological disciplines such as Biblical studies, Christian thought and history, or practical theology. Critically engage with the material while articulating insights for Christian life and social engagement.
What you will learn
- Knowledge of sources, terms and conceptual frameworks required for theological engagement.
- Research, analysis and communication skills applicable to theological studies.
- Skills of interpretation to texts and traditions with an awareness of context, implications and application to historical and or contemporary issues.
- Theological and hermeneutical skills in clearly articulating insights relevant to life, work and community settings.
The Graduate Certificate in Theology consists of 3 units (72 points):
Units must be taken across three Disciplines in at least two Fields.
Most standard units are delivered over one semester (15 weeks), with teaching methods including lectures, seminars and tutorials.
Entry Requirements and Admission
Successful completion of an undergraduate degree, or an approved equivalent.
Please read the entry requirements and follow the admission process for international students here.
Upon successful completion, graduates may proceed to:
- Graduate Diploma in Theology
- Master of Arts (Theology)