Graduate Certificate in Children and Families Ministry
1 semester full-time or
|STUDY MODE: |
Equip yourself to engage in ministry with children and their families. Safe practice and effective ministry with children demands practical expertise, pastoral awareness, and ethical depth. In the context of ministry with children and their families, the practical, spiritual, and pastoral disciplines are becoming increasingly important and recognised foci in the church and its associate agencies.
This qualification will assist the church and associated agencies to build a cohort of professionals and enthusiasts; provide opportunities for growth in this ministry; grow expertise in the Children’s Ministry Network; improve skills and standards in the sector, and enhance community recognition for people engaged in ministry with children and their families.
What you will learn
- A broad knowledge-base of Biblical texts and the Christian tradition, particularly as these bear on ‘child theology,’ theologies of child, and child spirituality.
- How to apply a clearly articulated vision of mission to children and their families in various ministry contexts and contemporary culture.
- A critical understanding of pastoral practices and theories of child development as these apply to ministry with children and their families.
- How to apply the skills of theological reflection personally and contextually resulting in a coherent practice of ministry with children and their families.
- An understanding of ministry that recognises and values the spirituality and experiences of children.
The Diploma in Theology consists of 3 units (72 points):
The Graduate Certificate in Children and Families Ministry consists of 45 points comprised of:
- DA8015S Children and Families Ministry: Core Issues in Diverse Contexts
- DA/DS9019S The Nurture and Spiritual Guidance of Children
- A further one (1) unit in any Field
Most standard units are delivered over one semester (15 weeks), with teaching methods including lectures, seminars and tutorials.
View the Timetable for current units offered.
View all Stirling Units and Fields.
Download the Graduate Certificate in Children and Families Ministry Course Planner to map out your studies.
Entry Requirements and Admission
Successful completion of an undergraduate degree, or an approved equivalent.