The Art of Reconciliation
Lecturer: Tim McCowan
This unit explores the possibilities and challenges of growing into agents of reconciliation in Australia today. It will examine:
- Theological foundations for a ministry of presence and reconciliation today;
- Key causes and effects of relational breakdown and dysfunction in Australia, including between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians;
- Gifts and challenges of engaging in forgiveness and reconciliation with First Nation Australians, and in wider personal and social relationships;
- The art of fostering justice, truth, mercy and peace in the church and society;
- Personal and communal resources for sustaining a ministry of presence and reconciliation across diverse contexts in Australia.
Delivery mode: Online available
Click below for full unit details from the Unit Management System, including learning outcomes, assessment details and indicative bibliography.