Spiritual Care and Mental Health Scholarship
The Missionary Sisters of the Sacred Heart (MSC Sisters) will offer a scholarship of up to $10,000.00 in 2020 to support a student (or students) to undertake a stream of study that focusses on the spiritual care of people living with a mental illness. The course of study, including accredited units in Clinical Pastoral Education, may be taken at postgraduate or undergraduate level. Recipients of the Scholarship will be expected to provide MSC Sisters with mid-year and end-of-year progress reports.
Applications for the scholarship may be submitted by students who are presently studying spiritual care and/or mental health.
Applications can be made after 1 November 2019. An application form is below.
• Successful applicants will be informed by email of the amount of scholarship awarded.
• The Spiritual Care and Mental Health Scholarship is competitive.
• The recipient/s of the Scholarship will be chosen by the Grants and Scholarships Committee in consultation with MSC Sisters. The Committee may determine not to award a Scholarship if there is no suitable applicant.
• Applications received after 7 January 2020 may be processed in a second round.
• Scholarships will be paid in two halves; the first half on 1st April and second half on 1st September each year. The second half payment is contingent on the successful completion of units of study taken in the first half of the year.
• Applications must be made using the form below (available after 1 November 2019).
• Students must apply directly to the Stirling Registrar (on a separate application form) to enrol.