New Testament Greek (B)
This unit provides the continuation and extension of New Testament Greek A, which is a pre-requisite for this unit, and provides the foundation for further work in Koine Greek.
Upon successful completion of this unit, it is expected that students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of significant grammatical features of Koine Greek.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the vocabulary commonly used in the Greek New Testament.
- Demonstrate the ability to read and translate select portions of the New Testament.
- Understand the significance of the manuscript tradition and demonstrate basic skills in the use of a text-critical apparatus.
- (postgraduate) Demonstrate an understanding of the significance of possible translations for exegesis of the New Testament Greek text