New Testament Greek (A)
Foundational unit at postgraduate level
This unit provides a basic introduction to Biblical Greek. It introduces students to the elementary grammar and vocabulary of Koine Greek and aims to develop the ability to translate portions of the Greek New Testament with suitable lexical aids.
Upon successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of key grammatical aspects of Koine Greek.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of a range of Koine Greek vocabulary.
- Translate selected portions of the Greek New Testament.
- Apply a degree of understanding of Greek in reading and employing critical commentaries. and for postgraduates
- Critically evaluate sample translations of the New Testament Greek texts.
3 contact hours per week
Semester 1, 2016
- Weekly exercises (30%)
- Regular class tests (30%)
- A 2 hour examination (postgraduate), 1.5 hours examination (undergraduate) (40%)